Friday, February 5, 2010

One of Those Days!

What do you do when literally half of your students are absent in one day, thereby making their group rehearsals as planned impossible and pointless?

You do what any good, mature, responsible teacher would do... You play a time-honored game that has remained a popular force for begging throughout the nearly 18 years you've been involved with public education.  And you do it on purpose.

Because, as a student, you were denied the opportunity more than you can count, and you understand the awe and respect a child might feel for an adult who does not merely allow such an activity to occur, but demands that the students participate.


And by so doing, you become not only a legend... you become (and I quote), "the BEST and FUNNEST and MOST COOLEST teacher I've ever met!"

Hey, Heads-Up-Seven-Up!!  Thanks for raising my awesomeness to a whole new level!  I owe you one!!


4 comments:

Brianna said...

hahah ahhh i just love you! If only you could have been my teacher :)

Shiloh said...

I maybe could have possibly cheated everytime I played that game... everytime.

Kendra said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT GAME!!!! And always try and tell my teachers that we should play it...college professors, so unoriginal and so UN fun! I am pretty much playing that with my class....at least once a day! :)

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

haha that is the best thing ever! I loved that game as a child!!!

Post a Comment