Friday, February 26, 2010

Fantastic Family, Pt. 4

This is the last post about my week with the girls, I promise!!!

So, Friday morning came around, and I was feeling (ahem) a little under the weather.  Good thing I had my mama there to take care of me, huh!?!

Since I wasn't able to go to school, and the girls were flying out of Vegas early Saturday morning, we decided the smart thing to do was to go down the afternoon before.  So we did!

We stopped at the St. George Temple to show it to Claire & Erin.  It's closed for cleaning for 2 weeks, but wanted them to see it anyway!  I really think this is a gorgeous temple!  Especially when you see it against the red rock!


After our pit stop at the Temple, we headed down to Vegas.  Our first stop?  The Temple!  Yep!  That's 2 in 2 hours!!  But this time, we did go in and do baptisms, since Claire was with us (and Atlanta's closed for 2 years, so my fmaily has to drive really far to go to one)!


Can we just pause for a moment to appreciate how gorgeous Claire is??

Don't you just wish you could hate her!?!  Too bad she's so nice, and smart, and talented... Oh wait!  Those are even better reasons!

Next stop: The Stratosphere!!  Dad offered to pay for all of us to go on the rides at the top!  Mama said no.  Erin & Claire did one.  And I did both that were open!  It was SO high and SO fun!  One was like Tower of Terror up on that pointy needle part.  The other was like a revolving claw that tips you down towards the ground and then spins you out over the edge of the building.  That's the one I did by myself!  It was pretty freaky, but totally worth it!

After our adrenaline rush, we went to the Luxor to check into our room!  We chilled for a bit and then took off to show Claire the city (she'd never been).  We went to one of my favorite joints on the Strip: The Bellagio!  Why??  (Do you even have to ask?!?!)

Gelato!!!

Then we watched the fountain show!  Still pretty every time!

And then we walked back to the Luxor and got ready for bed!  The girls left early the next morning to catch their flights (they hugged me, but I was still half asleep).  And I slept in a little bit and then took off to come back home!

On my way, though, I stopped one of the 2 Starbucks in our hotel to get the perfect breakfast: hot cocoa and a chocolate croissant!

A Taste of Heaven!

I was one HAPPY girl!

The whole week was wonderful!  I loved seeing my mom and sisters!  I loved seeing cousins!  I loved sharing my new home and world with the people I love who haven't been here yet!  I loved making new memories and taking WAY too many pictures!

Ladies- Thank you for giving up your breaks to be with me!  Thanks for spending time away from home, husbands, and friends, and for spending it with me instead!  I love you!  I am greatful for you!  And I am so happy that our family will be together forever!  I can't imagine it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment