Friday, February 26, 2010

Fantastic Family, Pt. 3

After brunch at Denny's, we hit the road (yet again) to go back to St. George!  On the way, Claire taught me how to crochet!  She learned a couple weeks ago and is quite the excellent teacher!  (On a side note, I'm almost done with a hat/scarf/mitten set, and will be posting about it soon.) 

When we hit town, it was dinner time, so we introduced Claire to the In-famous In-N-Out. (It's more than famous!!)  She'd never been before, and it was a success!


After In-N-Out we went to see Valentine's Day.  I thought the parts that had Ashton Kutcher or Jennifer Garner (or Taylor Lautner... although I may deny that if ever asked) were good.  But on the whole, I felt like it was disjointed and didn't flow enough...  Cute enough to watch, though!

Tuesday I had to teach, but we had a fun night planned, so the day went quickly!!  First, we had dinner at Cafe Rio (Claire had also never been there).  I made her order the pork barbacoa.  SO DELICIOUS!!!


Then we went ice skating (also a first for Claire)!  I am both pleased and proud to announce that she did not fall at all!!!  I wish I could say the same of my first time on the ice!  Haha!  Evan Lysacek better switch to pairs and pick one of us as a partner!

Mom didn't want to skate (she didn't want her 14-year-old to show her up, I think)... so she was kind enough to take pictures for us!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF CLAIRE & I!!

She eventually did skate without holding on to me!

Wednesday, Claire came to school with me!  It was fun having her there!  My students loved having her too... Especially the boys, who were very quick to point out that some of them are only a year younger than her, and that they're very mature for their ages.  Yeah right!  But they haven't stopped asking about her since!

For lunch, Mama dropped us off some Jack in the Box tacos, at Dad's request.

Wednesday night, we had my branch additional Relief Society meeting for the month.  As the 1st Counselor (and the one over the meetings), I had to go early.  Claire was a good sport and went to help me!  It was Nail Night, and we both came away looking cute (and oh so girly)!


Claire's toes... I did the flowers!!!

After that, we got milkshakes with Mama and watched the Olympics.  Then, about 11pm, when Claire had gone to bed and I was working on grading, Mama decided she had to go to WalMart for something.  I was busy enough updating grades that I didn't think twice about it.  She came back 45 minutes later with a surprise... ERIN!!!  I think they both walked in and I said, "Hey Mom!  Hey Erin!  ....  ERIN?!?!?!?"  It was great!  And, of course, we felt like a picture was required to mark the occasion!

No makeup, pajamas, retainers, and all!!

It was a wonderful surprise!  I had no idea!  Erin & Justin had been traveling on their week off, but Justin had to get back to work.  So I guess Erin & Mama had planned the whole thing that day!  I can't remember the last time all of us girls (and JUST us girls) were together!  I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment