Sunday, January 24, 2010

Conference & Cousins!

I just got home to St. George from my trip up to Provo for the Utah Theatre Association Conference this weekend!  The 3 day event was WONDERFUL!  I learned SO much and feel so re-energized to go back to school and work with my students!  I also feel so grateful for a job I don't just like, but am passionate about!

I will share some thoughts about things I learned at the conference once I can locate my notes and such... but for now I'll share some pictures!

In addition to learning about theatre and seeing many old friends/students/professors this weekend, I got to spend time with MANY family members!  HOW FUN!  I stayed with the Haynie girls (I guess Kendra is the only Haynie and the only one I'm actually related to by blood... the other ones just feel like family).  But somehow, Kendra, Francie, Star, Taryn, and I did NOT get a single picture this weekend!  BOO!!!  Don't know how that happened, but I find it completely unacceptable!  I am considering turning back around to remedy the situation!  Regardless, though, I can't thank you enough for sharing your apartment, beds, shampoo, and even pajamas with me!

I did, however, get to see Glen, Connie, and Cailey, who I love SO SO SO much!  I lived with them last Winter and Summer, and I have missed them VERY much!  It was great to visit them, and especially to chat it up with Cailey (who will be 16 in about 2 months... anyone have a cute little brother?!?!?)

Have I mentioned that I love and miss this girl?!?  We got so close in the 8 months we shared a bathroom... it's like having another little sister!  SO glad we got to catch up!

Last night, I also had a chance to catch up with my Cappellucci cousins, plus Ashlee Prisbrey (who designed my new-and-improved blog, remember?!?)  It was a busy night at the Cappellucci house... Kendall was at college, so I did NOT get to see her... Chase took off for Jr. Prom (looking studly, of course), Laurel went to go babysit... Quinn took a long bath and an early bedtime... and Cole & I went on a little date!  After the big kids split for their activities, Kathy, Steve, Ashlee, the little boys, and I played a game, and then Cole & I went out!  We got home and fell asleep on the Love Sac before nine!  How lame of me!

Look how handsome these boys are!  Am I lucky or what!?!?!
Laurel just keeps getting more beautiful!
Just LOVE these wonderful role models!
Cole & I ate Chipotle!!  YUMMM!!!

I feel so blessed to be part of a tight-knit extended family!  I can't imagine not knowing and loving these wonderful people, and I am SO grateful for the support and I love I feel from them on a regular basis!  Thank you girls, Haynies, Cappelluccis, and Ashlee, for letting me spend time with you this weekend!  I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment