Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Update, Pt. 2

So... after laying alone and bored on my couch for 2 1/2 weeks, living off of cookies brought by friends and microwave dinners, I got to go home!

I was horrible about taking pictures while I was there, and didn't get very many, but I did get a few!

Here are some pics of the people I love the most:

Claire is driving!

And that was an experience I was not prepared for!
(for the record, she's actually a really great driver!)

We are all SUCH big kids now!

Awwww!!

Erin's an awesome big sister!

I'm definitely a Daddy's girl!

Love these two more than I can say!

While I was home, I got to eat at many yummy restaurants... I think I had Chic-fil-A 7 times... in 9 days. Not even joking about those stats!!

I also got to see some good friends!  Thanks Katie, Stephen, Jennifer, Ashley, and Hailey!  I loved catching up with you!  And I hope to catch more people over the holidays!

Now, one of the best (and most magical parts) of my trip was visiting Disney World for a couple days with my family!


We went to the Orlando Temple to do baptisms so Claire and our cousin Kendall, could come too!  That was really special!


Us kids went to the parks one day!  Special thanks to Kendall for free tickets and for joining us!  And to my friend, Brooke, for joining us too!  Brooke and Kendall are both doing the Disney College Program this summer!  And finally, thanks to everyone who helped push me in my wheelchair!  You are super troupers!

Once again, I failed to document our fun with pictures, except for a few that we took after Kendall and Brooke left us for the afternoon.  Brooke is a "friend" of Aurora, and was the most beautiful, magical, and perfect "friend" I could have imagined!  We stopped in to see Aurora and the other princesses, and it was one of the most magical experiences of my life... I totally teared up!

Isn't she perfect!?!

Of course, we loved the other princesses too!  But having my friend be such a good "friend" was unequivocally awesome!!!


After our crazy day at the parks... (We were there open to close, 8am-3am and hit 3 parks (Claire & Justin hit all 4)... we were exhausted!

We slept in the next day and then hit up the pool as a family, choreographing a synchronized swimming routine!  (Have I mentioned how awesome my family is lately??)

A couple more days at home, and then I flew back out west.  Now I'm back in St. George, in my second week of my second year of teaching!  And I am LOVING it still!

I'll post some pictures of my newly decorated classroom in a couple days...  I don't want to overload on blogging after such a long hiatus!



P. S.  This update is for you, Brother Purdy!  Thanks for the call to repentance!

No comments:

Post a Comment