Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update, Pt. 1

Well, it has been a crazy couple of months!  So crazy, in fact, that I haven't posted anything since before school got out!  And now school's back in session!  So, here's a not-so-quick update of what's been going on in my life the past 3 months!

I worked full time over the summer as an Assistant Manager at Maurices, a super cute store in our mall!  I actually loved it!  It was more stressful than I had anticipated, but I love the store, the clothes, the girls, and the discount!  I'd originally planned on staying on a couple nights a week because I love it so much, but have decided this week that working 75 hours a week is too much for me to handle.  It's sad, but I think it will be for the best!

Back in June, my cousin Shannon got married!  Mama and Erin came out for the wedding and we had a great long weekend!

I got to see my not-so-little-anymore men!

And my cousin, Lauren!

Look how pretty everyone is!

And, of course, before we left Provo, we visited Adam's grave!

I had a semi-spontaneous visit from my friends Jason & Mike for the Fourth of July!  It was such a pleasant surprise!  We went rock climbing, to the temple, to the fair/fireworks, etc.  It was a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

The three of us about to climb!

I look SO hard core in this picture!

I love the temple!

Getting ready for fireworks!

The boys left Sunday and I went up to see my Haynie cousins in Cedar City!  We had a sleepover and I went with them to the Cedar City Fourth of July parade the next day, which Uncle Harold was in, running for the school board!

I LOVE THESE GIRLS!!

A few days after that, my summer took a turn for the not-so-fun!  I was playing night games and, very responsibly, thought it would be a good idea to ride on the running board of a truck while it drove a couple blocks up the hill.  It was fine the first time, but my stupid luck ran out the second time and my foot slipped off, snapping my ankle on the pavement.  As you can tell in the pictures below, it looked like my bone was sticking out, so we rushed me to the E.R.

My first hospital visit since birth!
(check out my swollen ankle)

The most painful part was probably when they took my shoe off.  They had to move my ankle, and the swelling (and pain) instantly started to spread!


I had an alien ankle!

My foot, ankle, and leg kept swelling and swelling over the next week or so, until I was black, blue, and puffy all over from knee to toe.  And I had a memory foam foot!  No joke... if you poked my foot, it would stay indented for minutes!  Absolutely disgusting!

This is about the fattest it got... but not the most bruised!

As far as the internal damage done...  I saw an orthopedic surgeon and basically, I stretched the ligaments on the inside and outside of my ankle beyond the point of elasticity, where they will likely not shrink back to normal on their own.  And I completely tore the ligament in the middle of my ankle... so badly that it took of chunks of bone with it!  I will most likely need surgery, and the doctor will make the final decision within the next few weeks...

But the good news is that I am FINALLY walking again, after a month on crutches.  And so far, I'm getting around just fine with my brace and air cast!

Stupid.  Painful.  Expensive.  And definitely NOT worth it.

Just in case you were contemplating being as smart as I was.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

AHHH love the update! So glad you're ankle is doing better, can we PLEASE talk soon!? Love your guts!

Post a Comment