Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

First off, allow me to introduce my new friend, Brooke!  I think an introduction is in order because you'll probably be seeing quite a bit of her around here...


Brooke teaches with me at Fossil Ridge and has become a fast friend!  We have a lot in common and I have a blast every time she's around!  She's amazing!  I've been telling Heavenly Father for a few months now that I need a good GIRL friend here in St. George because Sarina's getting married (ON WEDNESDAY!!)  And boy, did he deliver!!


Brooke and I are both paler than normal and we're sick of it, so we decided this was our weekend to get tan!  In an effort to achieve that goal, Brooke and I made plans involving lots of sun and lots of fun!

Yesterday, we had quite the day!  The morning started bright and early, heading out to the lake with a couple friends, Danny and Aaron!  The water was perfect!


We let the boys wakeboard first, since I'm not allowed to with my ankle, and Brooke wasn't in a hurry to get up.  That was great until, in the middle of Aaron's turn, the propellor started SMOKING!  We stopped the boat, turned it off and discovered (surprise, surprise), that it wouldn't turn back on.

We weren't so happy about that.


But being the positive, resourceful young adults that we are, we called the park ranger and jumped off the boat and swam for a bit while we waited for them.  An HOUR later, they showed up!  Keep in mind that this lake is actually a reservoir and is not very big at all!

After the ranger did a safety inspection, he towed us back to the dock...

He made us all wear life jackets.  Don't you love the one I picked!?!


All in all, we were at the lake for about 3 hours... with only about 30 minutes of actual boating time!  While the morning was not what we expected, Brooke and I still had fun!


And determined to continue our fun, Brooke and I went to lunch back in St. George and then hit up the pool for another 3-ish hours!

Then we showered and got cute for a wedding reception.  One of my favorite ladies (another teacher at my school) had her oldest daughter get married.  We stopped in looking very cute and, totally on accident, coordinating very well with one another!


After the reception, we changed yet again and headed to Brooke's cousin's house for games...  The girls totally whipped the boys in Taboo, and we all had a blast!

Today, we're both darker... although much more red than tan... I guess we'll just hope it doesn't peel!


Have I mentioned I'm grateful that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers?!?  Even the ones we thought were silly to say in the first place?

2 comments:

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

I'm glad you updated your blog!! I love seeing how you are doing!! You are beautiful and I love your guts!!

Lindsey said...

I'm glad you had a fun day, and glad you don't need surgery on your ankle. I'm thinking about you today!

Post a Comment