Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for Thanksgiving!

November has been a really hard month for me!  I feel like I've been repeatedly kicked while I'm down, so to speak.  And I am so sick of it... between a break-up, a death in the community, a sinus infection, pnuemonia, cancer in the family, auditions for the musical, Scott joining the Army, a car wreck, and some really tough stuff at school, I've had about all I can handle.

It was a hard 4+ weeks, and I am SO thankful for Thanksgiving Break, and for the chance it gave me to recover physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I needed the South!  I needed my family!  I needed Chick-fil-A!  And I needed a break!

I got all of those things and more this past week!  It was SO wonderful!  Even better than I had hoped for!

I went to Dallas to my Aunt Karen's house.  My parents and little sister came to meet us, as did my Uncle Glen and my grandparents!  My cousin Lindsey even kept her 3 kids at Karen's an extra day just so I could see her before heading back home for Thanksgiving!

We went to the zoo, ate yummy food, played games, did a session at the temple, watched football, talked, sang, and had a blast!

Here are a few highlights:

Claire, Lindsey, & Me

Favorite Picture EVER!

My cousin Lindsey's cute kiddos!

Dad sharing a treat with a new friend!

Confession: I was a little scared of the giraffes.
Both ridiculous and embarrassing. 

We have a family tradition that involves Dad paying us kids $1 to jump into cold water any time it's an option.  My Grandpa and uncles thought this was a great idea and pitched in to raise the pot to $13.  I was not allowed to participate because of my pneumonia, but Claire went for it!


This was my first time to the Dallas Temple!  It was really beautiful and I loved being there with family! Going to a temple is always a wonderful experience, and this was no exception!

Me, my parents, grandparents, aunt, and uncle!

Mama, Me & Dad

Claire and I had the fun chance to really get to know each other more this trip!  I left home 5 1/2 years ago, when she was still a little kid, and have not spent more than a month or so at a time with her since.  Being so far away from her, especially in these crazy years she's going through, is tough!  But she and I shared a room (and bed!) at Karen's, and we had so much fun!  As much as I missed Erin and Scott, I was glad Claire and I were the only siblings there.  She has grown up SO much and is an amazing little lady!  I admire her spunk, her maturity, her positive outlook, and her love for little children!  Love you, girly!

We painted our nails!

Saturday morning, my dad's cousin, Lucy, and my second cousins Tara and Sidney (and their families) came over for brunch!  It was so fun to see everybody!  Tara and I have had a few chances this past year to really get to know one another and I loved getting to see her, even if it was just for a couple hours!

Tara, Mama, me & Crumpa

Saturday afternoon, one of my favorite people, Sis. MacArthur, picked my up to take me to lunch and then drop me off at the airport.  She was one of my Young Women's leaders back in the day and she and her family moved to Dallas a couple years ago!  It was a very fun semi-spontaneous surprise and I loved the chance to reconnect!

Sis. MacArthur & her little girls!

Then, on top of everything else, I have had a wonderful three days since I've been home thanks to some great friends, both old and new!

So long, November!  Thanks for redeeming yourself!

December... just warning you... You're gonna be GREAT!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If December is not good to you, then please let me know . . . I'll beat em' up! ;)

Post a Comment