Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Letter

Dear Upper Respiratory System,

We've been together a long time, and I have always tried to treat you with love and respect.  I've never smoked.  I drink water like it's going out of style.  I take vitamins.  I use a humidifier.  I don't yell.  I sleep a lot.  And I wash my hands like a neat freak.

The past 6 months, however, I have not been feeling your love.  It used to be the two of us against the world, holding strong, and helping the Immune System fight off germs...  but it seems like you've given up.  I've lost track of the number of colds I've had... not to mention a sinus infection, bronchitis, and pnuemonia... all since October.

And now you're doing it again.  I mean... really?!?  You couldn't have picked a better time than when I was on Spring Break?  And I'm flying home tomorrow?  And I am in a wedding this weekend?

Please consider this an official notice to cease and desist.

I'm tired of your attitude, I'm tired of your wimpiness, and I'm tired of your refusal to cooperate.  Why can't you be a team player, even when I'm paying for medicines to help you pull your weight?  You're causing too much pressure, and it hurts... and not just my sinuses... my throat, ears, head, and stomach are sick of you being such a snot.  You need to know that it's not just affecting you.

It has to stop.

Now knock it off and get back to work.  I can't do this without you!

3 comments:

samuel and heather shannon said...

If only you could find a new one to make it jealous! (On that note, sorry to hear you're sick!)

Justin D. Badger said...

Although I can understand your frustration, I don't think telling your respiratory system to cease and desist is the best option. There are better ways to solve a sinus infection. Haha

Ashlee Marie said...

It's going around UT this season. Everyone I know (including all of us of course) has been sicker this year than any other EVER. I have never been so sick, and that was before the morning sickness started. I'm just praying UT get's a pass next year!

Post a Comment