Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Homecoming Made Me Homesick!

People who know me (even a little) generally agree that I am not a sporty girl.  I'm okay with that.  The arts suit me!

But I do enjoy watching the occasional ball game.  I think it helps me be more well-rounded, and I enjoy the excitement competition offers!  I especially love high school sports, where kids, families, and communities are invested because of the kids, their love for the game, and the hopes that they share!

However, it is vital that I point out that there is a difference in football back home and here in UT... more so than with any other sport.

There's nothing like high school football in the South!  It's king!  Everyone goes all out!  There are tailgaters, huge stadiums, packed stands... it's something I think everyone should experience!

This past Friday was Dixie High School's homecoming football game.  Bron's dad is the principal there, and we went to the game!

The cheerleaders had a fundraiser going where they were trying to raise $1000 dollars to attend a competition.  They made a deal that if they raised it by the end of the game, Larry (Bron's dad/their principal) would shave his head!  Well, they got the money for sure!  And Miss Terry (Bron's mama) did the honors!


I had so much fun at their homecoming game, but it really made me miss home... probably because it made me stop and remember the way things were!  It's funny how fast time flies!

Bottom line?

I love Peachtree City!  I love Fayette County!  And, for now at least, I even LOVE football!!

No comments:

Post a Comment