Thursday, December 17, 2009

Support!

So... all week in Choir, we've been discussing the importance of supporting our sound, using our diaphram, and sustaining our breath.

Yesterday in 5th Period, I sang a song for my students to illustrate that point.  When I was finished, we had this conversation:

Student #1: "That was good because you held that last note really loud and really long!"

Me: "Thank you!  Now, how was I am able to do that?"

Student #2 (let's call him Albert): "Because you had good breast support!"

Me: "Excuse me?!?"

Albert: "Breast support.  You know... your breasts were supported!"

Me: "Um..."

Student #3: "Dude!  She's our teacher!!  Quit talking about her bra!"

Me: "Albert, did you mean BREATH support?"

Albert: "Breath?  ...Breath?   I THOUGHT YOU SAID BREAST!!!"

Needless to say, it took the 50 of us well over ten minutes to calm down.  Seriously the funniest teaching moment I've had to date!  I laughed so hard I cried...  And then my Principal laughed so hard HE cried when I told him this morning, just in case some mom called in upset because her kid heard the words "bra" and "breast" in class!

I can only imagine what that poor little boy has been thinking all week... 'Man!  I'll NEVER be a good singer!  I've got no chance at all!'

And I'm also a little bit worried about how this kid's gonna live that down within the next 6 years of public education...  There's no way his peers are gonna forget something that good!!

On a side note, half of the faculty have come up to me today to either compliment or thank me for my "support"!!  Funny stories travel fast!

Moral of the story:  Next time you teach twelve-year-olds, make sure that you, too, have good support!  You just never know!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's awesome! Seriously, though, you just never can overstate the value of a good, supportive bra. :)

*CAILEY* said...

hahahahaha oh how I love this post!

Brianna said...

hahahah pretty sure this is like my favorite story ever! hahahahah

Post a Comment